Green Mountain Passports


Green Mountain Passport Program is a program offering free day use passes to Vermont State Parks and Historic Sites for Vermonters
62 years of age or older. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Does the term “veteran” include active-duty personnel?
We refer to the federal definition in 38 USC 101(2): “a person who served in the active military, naval or air service, and who was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable.”

Does this passport card cover other people in a vehicle?
The Green Mountain Passport card benefits only the card holder.

If a town is currently out of cards, are there any immediate options, before some can be mailed?
Some town libraries have Green Mountain Passport cards for loan.

Are reduced price on goods and services still a card benefit?
No, goods and services are no longer an official benefit for card holders. Now the card covers day-use to Vermont state parks and admission to Vermont Historic sites.

Can a Vermonter go to any town and submit an application to get a card?
The statute says a resident of a town may go to that town’s clerk to complete an application and receive the card after submitting the $2 fee.

If a card is lost, can the owner get a replacement?
A replacement card may be supplied at no cost at the town offices where the original application was submitted, as long as the town office still holds the original application. If the original application cannot be located, the town clerk may request the $2 application fee again.

List of fully sponsored State events?
Currently there are no fully state sponsored events that qualify for Green Mountain Passport admission.